Monday 27 October 2014

Going senile...

I seem to be forgetting quite important things these past few days! Yesterday I forgot I was babysitting until half an hour before which meant a lot of rushing a bringing a packed dinner with me (cuppa soup and sandwich with stale bread!). Today was a disaster... but its amused my family so I thought I'd share with you lovely people.

I was supposed to work 12-4, but finished at half 3 because every Monday I do a Maths evening class at 4.30 and I needed to get there. I left home a bit late, and there was a lot of traffic on the road and slow vehicles meaning I was running quite late. I thought I'd take the quick route to the college but it turned out I couldn't turn right off the dual carriage way, so I had to go along the bypass and cut back through the town, doubling the distance as I was going back on myself. Argh. And I'm fairly sure I went the wrong way down a one way street. Oops.

Anyway, I got the college about 10 minutes late, parked up and realised I hadn't actually bought my maths papers and notepad with me, which wasn't essential for the lesson but I was still annoyed.

I noticed there weren't many people around but I figured that was because I was later than usual and everyone must have gone home. It wasn't until I walked into the college and up to the normal classroom and saw it all in darkness that I realised IT'S HALF TERM. I'd travelled half an hour stressing because I was late and forgotten things and IT WASN'T EVEN ON! What a bloomin' fool!

Daisy (my car) benefited because I topped her tank up where the petrol was cheap, and I got some snacks because I hadn't actually had any lunch! I stopped on the way home to eat these at a more scenic spot.. what do you think? Apologies for the poor photo quality.


Please tell me I'm not alone in these slightly geriatric moments...


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment