Friday 20 March 2015

The Body Shop haul & review

When I went to Bangor last week I couldn't resist going round the shops - sorry spending ban!

 I picked up a couple of skirts from H&M - my excuses for this are: one was in the sale and would be good for work/interviews/smart occasions and the other is a really versatile little number that can be dressed up or down and I needed (really, Hannah?) some skirts that weren't skater style.

I also picked up 3 statement necklaces because Helen's instagram feed made me do it (honest, guv'). I do love them! They're so sparkly! They're from H&M & New Look.



Anyways... you read Body Shop haul in the title and that is what you shall get. I say haul, its only 3 things because it was 3 for 2 and I don't have lots of money (unfortunately).

I got the Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream in 01 Light, the Colour Crush Lipstick in 225 - Blushing Pink, and the Concealer in 03.



I'll start with the lipstick & concealer, mainly because I photographed them together. My first issue with these is the packaging. Oh my days. The picture below is them half open. That plastic stuff is impossible to get off. Don't let the perforations fool you, my nails were ruined!


You'll be pleased to hear I did eventually get in. They are worth the effort but I'm not gonna lie, Body Shop people, I don't want to wrestle with my cosmetics. Lose the plastic.


I really like the concealer because it is a giant pencil, I think thats influenced by my inner stationery lover. I also like the really shiny bit of the base of the lipstick. As  I mentioned earlier, I like sparkly things. Look at the gleam on it!



Firstly, then, the lipstick. I saw this colour in the shop and fell in love with  it immediately. Its such a good colour! Its just the right shade of pink.


What do you reckon? I can't get over how much I like this lipstick. The consistency is creamy and it lasts quite a while, too.


Now the concealer - I don't know how much there is to say about concealer, really. While swatching these in the shop I went for darker than normal because the lighter shades seemed more yellow toned, and this was more pinky? I don't know if that makes any sense but that's my reasons for buying it. It covers blemishes and blends well. The picture below is just straight on on the left, and blended on the right.


I've filmed a review of the BB cream, because I'm all fancy and that. It does say on the bottle "instantly spotless looking skin" so I filmed it on a day where my skin was definitely not spotless so I could see if it really worked. See the results here. I can't seem to get the video itself into this post, I've tried everything! So you'll just have to click that link.

What do you think of my haul? Have you tried any of the products I've bought? Any statement necklace fans out there?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment